Easy Roasted Chickpeas
This is a wicked easy appetizer or snack, and they’re packed with protein and flavor. I make a big batch (double or triple this recipe) and break it into single servings, ready to grab-and-go in a snap.
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 1 T white balsamic vinegar
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 t agave nectar (or other sweetener of choice)
- 1/8 t sea salt
- 1/8 t garlic powder
- 1/8 t cayenne pepper
- 1/4 t cumin
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, agave nectar/other sweetener, sea salt, and spices.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Add the chickpeas to the bowl and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour the mixture into a glass casserole dish and roast for 30-40 minutes, until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn the chickpeas two or three times during cooking.
About Traci: A freelance writer and vegan lifestyle coach, she can be found creating new and delicious vegan dishes in her tiny kitchen. Find more on vegan eating and cooking at www.tracilynhobson.com