In the islands, tropical fruits are woven through the menus, from cooling summer beverages, to spicy fruit-laden salsas and wonderful filled pastries, like pastelillos de guava y queso.
Tag: easy recipes
This tea bread – dessert loaf, breakfast bread – is the most delightful banana bread we’ve ever had. So moist it’s truly a combination of banana bread and bread pudding.
The first day of 60 degree temperatures in Wilmington, and we’re are thinking about soup and sandwiches. Specifically tomato basil soup. Nothing is more satisfying to both cook and to eat on a lazy weekend Sunday than a lovely, creamy soup like this super easy tomato and fresh basil combination. Add a grilled cheese sandwich, and you’ll never open a can again. From our foodie perspective, that’s a really good thing.
Susan Jalbert, owner of Chow Bella Cooks, was gracious in sharing her signature Suga di Compagna, a red sauce – or gravy – to be served over pasta. Susan learned the base recipe in Italy, and tweaked it to perfection. Simple to prepare, it will …
The pecan cheesecake pie is a wonderful combination of two favorite desserts: pecan pie and cheesecake. If traditional pecan pie is on the too-sweet side for your taste in desserts, this is a super option because the cheesecake layer moderates the sticky sweetness you would …
This is a wicked easy appetizer or snack, and they’re packed with protein and flavor. I make a big batch (double or triple this recipe) and break it into single servings, ready to grab-and-go in a snap.
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 1 T white balsamic vinegar
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 t agave nectar (or other sweetener of choice)
- 1/8 t sea salt
- 1/8 t garlic powder
- 1/8 t cayenne pepper
- 1/4 t cumin
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, agave nectar/other sweetener, sea salt, and spices.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Add the chickpeas to the bowl and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour the mixture into a glass casserole dish and roast for 30-40 minutes, until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn the chickpeas two or three times during cooking.
About Traci: A freelance writer and vegan lifestyle coach, she can be found creating new and delicious vegan dishes in her tiny kitchen. Find more on vegan eating and cooking at www.tracilynhobson.com