Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
Sweet potatoes are a nutritional all-star. They are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. These wedges make a great side dish or a perfect mid-afternoon snack. Dip them in ketchup, or curried plant-based mayonnaise, or barbecue sauce…all good!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- scant 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T cinnamon/sugar mix
- 1/4 t ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 t cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and slice into wedges of about the same thickness. (I like to cut the ends off, halve the potatoes, and then slice into wedges.) Leave the skin on, as it is the source of a lot of the nutrients in sweet potatoes.
- Mix olive oil, 1 1/2 T of the cinnamon/sugar mix, cayenne pepper, cumin, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add sweet potato wedges and toss with hands to coat all wedges thoroughly with the mixture.
- Pour sweet potato wedges on a lightly oiled or lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn all of the potatoes gently with a spatula. After turning, sprinkle them with the remaining 1/2 T of cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Bake for another 15 minutes, until wedges are tender and caramelized.
About Traci: A freelance writer and vegan lifestyle coach, she can be found creating new and delicious vegan dishes in her tiny kitchen. Find more on vegan eating and cooking at www.tracilynhobson.com