Spinach Feta Omelette
Spinach feta omelette is my very favorite weekend breakfast. This is a quick and easy, one-pan version of a Greek feta and spinach omelette, sized for a single person.
This egg delight is simple to make.
- Spray a medium frying pan with olive cooking spray. Heap a couple big handfuls of pre-washed baby spinach in the pan, add a quarter teaspoon of crushed garlic and liberally grind black pepper over it both. Don’t add any salt – the feta cheese is salty enough!
- Turn the heat on low and cover the fry pan. This will wilt the spinach in 5 minutes or so.
- While the spinach is wilting, whisk one or two eggs. You don’t need water for this omelette as the spinach will sweat in the fry pan.
- When the spinach is soft, remove the lid and push the spinach aside with a spatula. Pour in the beaten eggs. Add the feta cheese on top of the piled spinach.
- Let the eggs set, gently pushing the edges back and tipping the pan from side to side.
- When the eggs are almost finished, move the spinach and feta onto the eggs. Gently fold the eggs over the filling. Cover for a just a moment to soften the feta cheese.