Adzuki beans are small red beans that originated in China. They are a staple of the macrobiotic diet, and they are a good source of magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, copper, manganese and B vitamins. Adzuki beans have been called the “weight loss bean,” since they …
Author: Traci Hobson
If you want to have something a little sweet and a little savory, this is the perfect snack or dessert! The combination of the sweetness of the chocolate, the savoriness of the pumpkin seeds, and the sea salt is just plain divine. And hey – …
This is better than French fries. Really. There is no magic to this recipe – one I almost hesitate to call a recipe, it’s so easy. And I promise you, a vegetable never tasted so good! I can almost guarantee it’ll be one of your favorite cauliflower dishes. If you’re not fond of curry powder, experiment with different spices, try a squeeze of lemon juice, or add fresh herbs. It will all be good.
This is a wicked easy appetizer or snack, and they’re packed with protein and flavor. I make a big batch (double or triple this recipe) and break it into single servings, ready to grab-and-go in a snap.
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 1 T white balsamic vinegar
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 t agave nectar (or other sweetener of choice)
- 1/8 t sea salt
- 1/8 t garlic powder
- 1/8 t cayenne pepper
- 1/4 t cumin
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, agave nectar/other sweetener, sea salt, and spices.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Add the chickpeas to the bowl and stir to coat evenly.
- Pour the mixture into a glass casserole dish and roast for 30-40 minutes, until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn the chickpeas two or three times during cooking.
About Traci: A freelance writer and vegan lifestyle coach, she can be found creating new and delicious vegan dishes in her tiny kitchen. Find more on vegan eating and cooking at www.tracilynhobson.com
Sweet potatoes are a nutritional all-star. They are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. These wedges make a great side dish or a perfect mid-afternoon snack. Dip them in ketchup, or curried plant-based mayonnaise, or barbecue sauce…all good! Ingredients: 2 large sweet potatoes scant 1/4 …