Pecan Cheesecake Pie
The pecan cheesecake pie is a wonderful combination of two favorite desserts: pecan pie and cheesecake. If traditional pecan pie is on the too-sweet side for your taste in desserts, this is a super option because the cheesecake layer moderates the sticky sweetness you would expect from the pecan pie topping. Serve with whipped cream, and you’ve got a very special dessert for the holidays.
Simple to make, there are four quick steps.
- Toast 2 cups of pecan pieces in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Watch to make sure that you don’t over cook them.
- Prepare a 10″ pie crust. Place in a pie plate, and make a nice high, pinched edge on your crust.
- Cream cheese layer: beat 8 oz softened cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup sugar, and 2 teaspoons vanilla until well combined. Pour into the pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Pecan pie layer: Beat 2 eggs and 1/2 cup sugar until combined. Add 1/2 cup light corn syrup, 3 tbsp melted butter, 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Whisk until blended. Lay the toasted pecans evenly over the baked cream cheese layer. Gently pour the sugar mixture over the pecans. There is a lot of liquid, which is why you need to make a sturdy high edge on your pie crust! Bake 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees. The pie should be set in the center.
- Cool. Serve the pecan cheesecake pie room temperature or cold.